Welcome to DougWeb!
…and thus the end of term came about.
After a perfectly grand year of general silliness in the name of Douglas Adams, Dougsoc has finished for the 2009/10 academic year.
Fear not for (like James Bond or a really bad infection) we shall return!
Please look out for us a Fresher’s fair, we’ll be the ones annoying everyone and generally being very loud.*
Next term we’ll be doing all the usual fun amazing events such as Inflatable Death, the 14th battle between Good and Evil and of course our annual black tie dinner at Macdonalds followed by a trip to the Pantomime at York Theatre Royal. If you don’t have a clue who we are or what we do then erm… count yourself lucky I guess.
Oh and also well done to those who all won prizes in the Dougawards at the end of term, the results are as follows:
- Best Newcomer: Jason Szulc
- Most Likely to be Missed: Chris ‘Blaine’ Andrews
- Best Drunk: Pring
- Best Arse: Brian Blessed
- Least Likely to Win an Award: Finlay Chalmers
- The celebrity most likely to turn up based on geographical connection to the region award: Mr Vic Reeves (who was unable to attend)
- Best Costume: Gareth Franks – Pedrick
- The award for being Bernard Cribbins: Bernard Cribbins (who sent us a lovely letter)
- Best Dougling: Christopher Draper
Please all have a nice summer and we’ll see you when you get back.
Have a nice holiday
*Ear muffs are advised.