York Geometry, Analysis and Number Theory Seminar, Summer Term 2001
Unless otherwise indicated, talks are in Vanbrugh College, room V/131, at
11:30 every (well, almost every!) Wednesday morning during term. Coffee
beforehand in the same room at 11:00. Everybody welcome!
- Friday 20th April 2001
- York Operator Theory Day.
for further details.
- Wednesday 25th April 2001
- No seminar: Socrates lecture.
- Wednesday 2nd May 2001
- Speaker: Dmitry Kalyuzhniy-Verbovetzky (Odessa, visiting Leeds)
- Wednesday 9th May 2001
- No seminar: University open day.
- Wednesday 23rd May 2001
- Speaker: Oscar Blasco (Valencia)
- Title: From unconditional to absolutely convergent series.
- Wednesday 30th May 2001
- Speaker: Asmus Schmidt (Copenhagen)
- Diophantine Approximation of Quaternions
- Abstract: pinned up above the sink in V/131 (we don't have an
- Tuesday 5th June 2001: YFAG meeting 3:30-5:30 in VX/330
Break for tea at about 4:15.
- Speaker: Oscar Blasco (Valencia, visiting York)
- Title: On Taylor coefficients of entire functions integrable
against gaussian functions.
- Wednesday 6th June 2001: no seminar (YFAG at York 5th June)
- Wednesday 13th June 2001
- Speaker: Simon Eveson
- Title: Norms of Iterates of Volterra Operators VI
- Abstract: This, I promise, is the last in the series! If k is
an integrable function on [0,1] then k acts boundedly by
half-line convolution on L^p(0,1). This talk generalises
results already obtained for the norm of the iterated
convolution operator on L^2 to the L^p setting.
- Wednesday 20th June 2001
- Speaker: Isabelle Chalendar (Lyon 1, visiting Leeds)
- Title: The invariant subspace conjecture: Old and New
Please contact Simon Eveson for any
for links to the Departmental seminar series and the other specialist
York is also a member of the
Functional Analysis Group (YFAG) and the
North British Functional
Analysis Seminar (NBFAS)