Score +1 for each correct answer. You can rate your performance as follows:- below 5: work much harder, 5-6: work harder, 7-8: adequate, 9-10: good, 11-12: excellent.
9. v, standard error
10. z, weak evidence (P=0.06 is between 0.05 and 0.1)
11. y, very strong (P<0.001)
12. k, logarithmic
13. z, weak evidence (I would also accept j, little or no evidence)
14. i, linear
15. v, standard error (as described by SEM in the legend to the figure)
16. u, some evidence (all we know is P<0.05)
17. r, random allocation
18. t, single blind (the patients know whether they have received voice therapy but the observer assessing the tapes does not)
19. q, positively skew (the standard deviation is almost as large as the mean)
20. j, little or no evidence (the P value>0.1 and the difference is actually in the other direction)
Back to MCQ and EMI Self Test.
This page maintained by Martin Bland.
Last updated 29 June, 2004.