There is no negative marking for EMIs, because random guessing is unlikely to get marks. Just count up the number correct to get a mark out of 10. The pass level for MB BS is 6/10. You should, of course, aim higher.
5. What type of study design and analysis is this? l meta-analysis
6. What is the search strategy designed to prevent? r publication bias
7. What kind of graph is this? e forest plot
8. What kind of scale is used on the horizontal axis? k logarithmic
9. What does the area of the squares represent? y study size
10. What does the position of the squares represent? p odds ratio for the study
11. What do the horizontal lines represent? d confidence interval
12. What does the position of the diamond or lozenge shape represent? o odds ratio for all studies combined
13. What does the width of the diamond or lozenge shape represent? d confidence interval
14. How strong is the evidence for a difference in infection between the two treatments? z very strong evidence
Back to MCQ and EMI Self Test Term 3.
This page maintained by Martin Bland.
Last updated 29 June, 2004.