If you are a developer, team leader, or manager building applications for limited-memory systems, you will find everything you need to design and implement effective software with success.
• 27 patterns, fully illustrated with implementation notes for reference, plus example code in C++ or Java
• Patterns organized into five major techniques: small data structures, memory allocation, compression, secondary storage, and small architecture
• Easy-to-use layout, with a quick-reference pattern index on the inside covers
• Tips on efficient memory allocation, dealing with memory exhaustion, using ROM instead of RAM, avoiding memory leaks, and automatically recycling unused memory
• An accompanying website, www.smallmemory.com, containing detailed implementations of all the substantial examples in the book, which can be used as templates for your own implementations.